2/24/2009

2009 Challenge - Paisley


Paisleys are part of the March challenge. Early crazy quilters called them "Persain Pickles". I had never done one but now I'm hooked. I did a little research and discovered, except for the general shape....anything goes. Much like CQ. This one is mostly stitching and I'll do a larger one with just beading... I will definitely include them often as I stitch... I hope we see LOTS of paisleys in the March album... Superb aticle on creating paisleys in CQMagOnline... by Suzanne Surfass

5 comments:

Skye said...

It's fabulous!!!! Not only is it gorgeous but it's my favorite colors...I love it....By the way, love your bell ringing dog..Atleast he knows how to get service...hugs, Skye

Rose Anne B said...

WOW that is one awesome paisley and I keep forgetting to use my sequins as CQing embellishments!!! Just beautiful my dear.

Cathy said...

Oh wow, you are EARLY with our Challenge - Gerry, you never cease to amaze me! GORGEOUS paisley, and I love how you filled the center (the most difficult part IMO) with french knots! LOVELY! Love ya, Cathy

Kathy Raker said...

Beautiful paisley. Love how you used sequins and filled in with the french knots. I didn't think about sequins when I placed a small paisly on my purse.

Thelma said...

Beautiful paisley and block!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts