3/06/2009

If It's Ugly.......green door


Since I'll be out sitting with sheep most of the day I'm doing a quickie post. One of my guiding principles of life is "if it's ugly, paint it." My house is 107 years old, poorly built and entirely ugly...The door to the bathroom had about 30 layers of paint on it and was just a plain door... and really ugly. Sanding it down was out of the question and it was an odd size and would have had a door made to fit it or the opening redone to fit a pre-hung door unit. Soooooooo
I used a crackle medium and painted it green and antiqued it to make it "ugly with character" Then I put moulding around a rectangle in the center and painted a scene. It's now a landmark in the house as I can send anyone needing the bathroom to search for the green door...
Then I had to paint a different scene on the other side....

3 comments:

Lauri said...

NuMom

I love it!!! If I had my way no wall in my house would be white and most would have a picture on them.
Want to come help me "Decorate" my house when I buy one?
Just beautiful

Lauri

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

You're amazing!

gocrazywithme said...

You could have added an old outhouse to the scene and directed your guests who needed the facilities to find the green door and go through to find the privy. No one could call this door ugly anymore; it's beautiful with character.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts