6/08/2009

Damn Ram Fence


Well it's done..It was a huge job and the weather was near 90 degree every day....There is another wood fence behind the one you see that keeps the rams from the milking area and there an identical feeding area out of sight to the left for the ewes... What isn't wood is double wired.... You can see in the foreground what the rams did to regular fencing... They are really quite good guys until the ewes come into heat.
The blue piece of equipment on the right is a tilt table. A sheep walks in and I pull a lever to secure it and then I can tip the whole thing, sheep and all, to the side and I can sit on that stool and trim hooves. A very clever invention... But my hands were so sore from pounding and power tools that I could hardly stitch for several days....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts