9/18/2009

Gathering blocks for retreat

The main project I'm taking is the four squares for the cover for my beloved Singer featherweight... Everything is basted. It is amazing how much stitching you can get when you're sitting around stitchin from dawn til dark. Last year I quickly finished what I had taken along...
I'm also taking my gypsy rose block which only needs a few finishing touches and the coins that I have drilled. Also bringing my 2009 Challenge block which I want to put ribbon pansies on it and Cathy is going to demonstrate them... I have special ribbon I've dyed for it.
Then there is the small butterfly block for the Making Memories block. The colorful block with lots of tiny pieces was a gift from my secret sister. I'm bringing it along for others to do a seam and sign the back... As a last resort I did the red square just as backup....

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Dearest Gerry, wow, you're bringing alot. I'm glad you posted about this because I will need to add more too - we'll have more stitching time this year than last. And BTW, it is velvet pansies that I was going to show, but I've got lots of ribbon and instructions for ribbon pansies, so we can do some of those together, too! See you in a few days. Hugs, Cathy

qwerty said...

Love those black blocks!! I'm looking forward to seeing how they look when finished :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts