11/17/2009

Dye and Musings


I'll blog while I waiting for my leaves to dry... I added a soft wash to part of my bead journal fabric so the stark white does not show behind the beads.. Once it is dry I'll fill in the black area...
At the top you can see the "wrong" (dull) and "right" (shiny) side of the ribbon I showed in a previous blog . I've decided the wrong side works better on this block and the look I'm trying to achieve. Many times I'll use patches of both the right and wrong side of a fabric in the same block...
I always have a problem doing what I should be doing as opposed to what I want to do... What I really want to do is finish this challenge block as it's all just singing now....but I need to finish my CQI Christmas crackers, gather stuff for bead class, clean house for guests coming the day after we get home and pack (I'll be gone tomorrow) as we are leaving very early Thursday morning. It is about a 4 hour drive.

1 comment:

Cobi said...

oh Gerry, so true. there are lots of things that I want to do, but in stead I'm stitching on the summer blocks. when inspiration is luring you its so hard to concentrate on something else.
have a good trip and I'm sure the class will be wonderful. I wrote you a long email but it was returned to me, couldn't be delivered. sorry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts