11/05/2009

Thoughts on finishing Challenge Block

Sometimes I take a needlework book or the paper to bed to look at while I listen to my audio book. But sometimes I take an unfinished block with me just to study it. I want to get going again on my challenge block as it is near the end.... Decided what I wanted to do and what I wanted to change. This block is pretty much violets, pansies, and butterflies..

As it is now on the left... I want to move the large butterfly to upper left. Add the ribbon pansies inspired by inspiration card to upper right . I want to tuck lots and lots of ribbon violets in and around the silkie... and where the butterfly was I'l put crocheted pansies from a vintage doily and tatted butterflies....finishing it off with a button trail... I have never been all that happy with how the gold 3D leaves turned out... I may redo them with different gold cord...
We did pansies several ways at the retreat and I have new ribbon I bought on the trip for the bunches of violets. I had been waiting until Sept to do the flowers as part of the challenge but the month just whizzed by. Most of this is work I can do in the car while traveling to Seattle for the Robin's beading class....


1 comment:

Lisa Boni said...

Love watching this block come together! Just beautiful! Have a great time at the beading class! She was here in AZ, but I had to work so was unable to attend... looked like a great class!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts