1/15/2010

Daffodil cross stitch/flower cart

I finished the daffodil cross stitch today and am so pleased with it. There were several tense moments and tense words when I started to pull out the waste canvas.... I figured it was going to be there forever. I finally got the hang of it and it all came out. I found that if I flexed the needlework with my left hand while I pulled on the canvas with my right hand that it came out much easier. I probably won't do it again though...at least not with #14 waste canvas.. It was very difficult to see...






Now I've started the flower cart on felt. Sketched it on and then did a very tight chain stitch around the outside... On this one I outlined the inside lines also because they are boards...





2 comments:

Carolyn McNeil said...

Your daffodil looks great! I generally try to work with 10 mesh canvas for my designs - although I still need to wear glasses!
Happy Stitchin'...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Your daffodil came out splendidly, Gerry!
Hugs,
Kerry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts