2/07/2010

"Good food or clean house...take your pick but not both"

I was in bed sulking this morning...I need to clean house and I hate, hate, hate house cleaning... It is such a waste of time doing the same things over and over and over and over and over...and even worse on a farm when everything is tracked in....... I added "cleaning lady" to my list of favorite word pairs although it cooler to say "my woman who comes in" as some people we know say. HWCH has set up two parties here on the next two weekends and I will feel compelled to at least make an effort to clean...

All of our really good friends know they have a choice when they come here... "Good food or clean house...take your pick but not both" Luckily they always choose "good food" and if they chose "clean house" they wouldn't be a good friend anymore. It's not so much the work, as I love physical work, but it's doing the same work over and over. I have a fantasy of "my woman who comes in" on Thursdays to clean for the weekend and comes back again on Monday to straighten up after guests. I would settle for even the Thursday bit.

I admit to "faux cleaning " ... I put the vacuum in the middle of the room, window cleaner and paper towels on the window sill and furniture polish in an obvious spot.... It really gives the impression of an industrious housekeeper. HWCH is really good about kitchen cleanup after big parties and will do windows and he never, never complains about the dust and clutter......probably because he knows what I'd say!!!

Oh well enough whining! I must do some stitching and think about the whole cleaning issue later... Maybe I'll win the lottery....
p.s. after I wrote this whining post at 6:20 am, my DH got up about an hour later and cleaned the kitchen sparkling clean without any prompting.....who needs a cleaning lady??? Of course I made his mom's sour cream rolls again.... This being nice may have it's rewards......

3 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

I am SO with you about the cleaning thing! I can always find something better to do - even paying the bills! Fortunately my hubby is also willing to turn a blind eye most of the time (and pitch in when the need arises).

Glenda said...

"Good food or clean house . . . take your pick" -- I want to embroider that to hang in my house!! Good food would be the choice around here too :).

Found your blog via Needle-n-Thread and have enjoyed reading back into your archives. Crazy quilting is on my "one of these days" To-Learn list, so I've really enjoyed those posts (the Alice in Wonderland blocks are fabulous!!). And being a dog lover myself, I'm infatuated with Molly and your new pup.

Glenda said...

Doh! I realized this morning that this was not the blog I saw the Alice in Wonderland crazy-quilt on last night. I had clicked over to three or four new-to-me blogs one right after the other and, obviously, didn't keep straight what I saw where when I commented here. Embarrasing!!

Anyhoo . . . I *have* put your blog on my google reader because I do enjoy reading it, and I don't mind commenting so you will have a new comments-regularly person :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts