6/03/2010

Challenge Block 2010 - progress

Often I try something I really like on a RR block and then hate to send it off.. Some of my best work is resting somewhere around the world.. For the same RR that I worked the poppies I did this peacock for Cathy L.'s block doing a paisley for the wing and fancy fibers for the tail which really should have been much larger but I ran out of room. The peacock body was a good way to use that awkward little corner. I loved the paisley for the wing and always wanted to do it on a block for myself.
So now's my chance. In fact I am going to do two peacocks... one horizontal and one vertical... Last night I cut out paper peacocks and ovals in various sizes and played around with them on the block... finally decided on a larger size then I originally planned so the peacocks will be the major focus and also heavily beaded... I will do each in two sections to make them easier to work on. I drew the the upper bodies on the felt and then had to decide on thread....
In upper right corner of the block there's an intense aqua satin patch and I decided I was going to have to use glossy rayon to complement the satin. Not only rayon but Lauri B's "neon" threads... I first used them in her "out of your comfort zone" challenge and just knew I'd never use them again... Now I'm thinking I need to buy another package... Bet that'll make her grin!!!
p.s. Cathy L. posted that it was Ruthie that I did the poppies for... Thanks Cathy!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

All I can say is 'WOW'. I'm green with envy.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Gerry - coming to your blog is always like coming for a drink at a well of inspiration! Do you never run out of good ideas? lol I predict you will see variations of your peacock all over the place - I KNOW you will see it on something I do! lol Just remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Hugs,
Kerry

Susan Elliott said...

That peacock tail is something else! Glad to see your planning to shake more tail feather!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts