6/22/2010

Question from reader......







Question from Laurie: With mine though, the whole point is that I HATE being called crafty, so wouldn't enlarging "crafty" making it the focal point? Kind of counter productive to my whole train of thought. Just curious as to your thoughts!

The answer is a definitive yes and no... Making a word (or words) larger does make it a focal point but only in that it defines the space or shape of the logo. BUT it doesn't make it more important. .. ALL words or pictures in a logo are necessary and of equal importance. In fact any guy can tell you that there is no correlation between size and importance...

As an example I have a personal logo that I have used for umpteen years.... The bold colorful letters in the word chaos are the "focal point" because they define the space and shape but are no more important than the minimized word "organized". In fact without the minimized word the whole logo loses it meaning.... I love this play on words with fonts, shapes and sizes...




Another visual example is the leaf is the focal point as it defines the space and without the tiny type it has no importance at all...


So when I made that sketch I was thinking you can call me anything but don't call me CRAFTY!!! With a successful logo all parts need to work as a whole and any part removed distorts the message or image. Does this answer your question.?...hope so...but I will cover this more when I get to the next section which will include "snip and tuck."

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What software program do you use to create the logo?
Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts