6/05/2010

There's always the steps before....

There were no blocks in yesterday's mail so it will be Monday or Tuesday before we can get to the post office again.. So I will get as much as I can done on my challenge block... I finished the bodies of the peacocks... but before I can attach them I have to add the silkie...

Frames are the challenge for June...On my plan I had the silkie framed with larger cherry blossoms and still plan to do so but there still needs to be another frame beneath the blossoms... I've chosen an antique gold braid... BUT before I can do that there needs to be snow on the mountain.. I played around with fabrics and lace and finally settled on a lovely piece of silk from Kathy K. for the snow...
I did find the original peacock sketches I did last winter... Obviously these are going to be very stylized peacocks.. I'm now leaning to having the 2nd peacock walking instead of sitting.... mostly because they have this elegant gait and long legs. For me a plan is just the first step on a path of endless alternative decisions..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts