6/15/2010

Why Around My Neck.....

Susan asked a good question and I should have explained....."why do you find it's best to keep your supplies around your neck rather than in a hussif?" I guess I'd first ask "How many times are you searching for your scissors? Losing my scissors, tools, and pins etc. is a pain (especially working in the car) and I can't lose them if they are attached to my body...

We used to travel A LOT... by car and by plane and I always did needlework... Just recently on my trip to Alaska I was able to stitch on the plane because there not much room for a hussif on a airline tray and it isn't easy to pick it up if it falls off.... The same goes for the auto shop, doctor's office and even if I stitch in the park while at summer events. I can move from place to place instantly and there's nothing to gather up and put away... When I was visiting Cathy last winter I was able to work in a tiny area across from her because I was "wearing" my supplies....what fun we had...


But even at home I have no "room" as such to work in... I have a hospital tray table by a window in the living room and the surface is only about 16" by 24" so wearing my tools is a great space saver here also.....When not in use it hangs on a lamp by my work area.....ever ready.... So if you always stitch at home and have everything at hand or if you always have space to lay your supplies or hussif on, I suppose there would be no advantage.

I also have a hussif (in fact two) and occasionally use it also... but years ago I figured out those stitchers in earlier days had a great idea so I just adapted it.... and it works for me.....

1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

Thanks Gerry. I'm going to have to try it that way for a day or so and see if it suits me. I never have enough space since I'm always filling whatever void is there. But I'm also hopping up and down a lot...and I think I would have to design a pocket for my Ipod because I'm almost always listening to books....hmmmm....you got me thinking AGAIN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts