7/30/2010

Margreet's Art Nouveau Owl

Margreet's blocks arrived today and they are such warm forest colors.. I haven't read her booklet yet so not sure if she had a preferred position for her block and I won't be able to get started until Monday...after granddaughter visit....




When I had been looking at Art Nouveau images this owl item kept turning up at different sites with different names....book rack, letter holder, book ends... but I loved the owl and the wonderful art nouveau details...especially the pine cones which Ritva used.. So since this is my bird summer, Margreet gets a bird also...



I'll have to ask her if they have owls in the Netherlands... Cobi says they have no brightly colored birds... Owls have so much symbolism associated with them..insightful, wise, protective, mystical. I will have to come up with a drawing from this that I can do CQ and keep in rhythm with Cathy and Ritva's symmetrical layout ... It will adapt well to texture so will try a variety of materials and a little stumpwork.. Should be fun...



Addendum: I checked on the Internet and the Netherlands not only have owls...they have barn owls which we have also. They are my very favorite owl.. In the Netherlands they have a protection program in progress with cameras in barn owl nesting boxes... The unique physical features of the barn owl will lend itself beautifully to a AN design... Let the fun begin...


2 comments:

Laurie said...

An owl will be beautiful on this block, and you're just the person to do it! Your birds are so pretty, anxious to see what you come up with.

Crazypatch said...

I love owl also...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts