9/18/2010

Here's the latest from barn!

Okay I'm on the floor laughing... Recent comments have used the terms "wander" and "stroll" through the barn and THAT is funny... My barn is definitely a hard-hat-required area and you need to tie a life line to your waist and to the door to find your way out... If you don't emerge after 24 hours there is no guarantee you'll ever be found... I need to get it cleaned out before I die because DH would have a heart attack dealing with it....

Saying that here's the latest from barn! I am really trying to keep mailing costs down on my Etsy buttons and thought I could use tissue paper and regular envelopes to mail them but right off I could see that wasn't going to work. Buying 5x7 padded envelopes just adds more costs...
In my search for an alternative I remembered the "frost blankets" from the days of my big greenhouses when I had thousands of plants to get through cold spells. They had a heavy plastic outer layer and then 2 layers of foam. It was all perforated with tiny holes to help prevent condensation and mold...but might work for envelopes.
With a little white duck tape and labels (because sharpie pens wouldn't write on the plastic..) they work perfectly and are FREE!!! I am so glad I thought of using them (upcycling) and I can use them for mailing envelopes for RRs also...
I had built a special loft shelf near the ceiling of the barn to store them during the summer so they were really "out of sight - out of mind."
Each of the rolls you see is approximately 8'x20' and this is about a third of them... I figure I easily have enough to make about 10,000 envelopes.... AGAIN ROFLOL..... I will have to get on Craigslist to see if I can find a home for most of them....






1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

Honestly...I can't imagine what else you have in that barn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts