9/09/2010

Carole Samples and my exchange program

A couple days ago I mentioned my winter goal will be to improve my seams and Carole's book and templates will be my guide... Imagine my delight to find a comment the next morning from Carole herself. I had no idea she read my blog and now as I post my way through the templates this winter I'll be hoping she's reading along.. Only on the Internet is something like this possible.. Like others, the Internet has enriched my life with so many wonderful friendships around the world.. Carole has a very informative blog and Sharon Boggon wrote an article on the templates for CQMagonline.


But at home it's a different story... I love staying home..I never wake up and think I want to "go" today... Since I hate to leave home, I have an exchange program with my nearest and dearest friends... They always come to my house so I don't have to leave home and in exchange I make them a gourmet lunch... So I have friends that come to chat, friends who come to play bridge, others who do garden stuff and a friend who spends days making jewelry with me.....


But I have no stitching friends.... So I'm going to have to bite the bullet and find some... I knew of an EGA chapter but it meets at night and is very far away but yesterday I have found a Needlework Guild which meets quite close...so I will attend their meeting in October. CQers are not falling from the sky and all my previous efforts to find some have been fruitless. In a metropolis of over 250,000 people there HAS to be other CQers and I'm determined to find them...


I used to occasionally attend various quilt groups searching for CQers but eventually tired of someone asking of a CQ "What can you do with it when it's done?" I did all my sane quilting years ago...even then piecing wasn't my favorite...it was the hand quilting I loved... Anyway I have missed the guild Sept. meeting and will try for October...

3 comments:

Diane said...

What a good arrangement you have with your friends!
Working through Carole Samples' seams will be a great experience. I took part in SharonB's 100 details in 200 days and it was the best thing I did!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Good Luck find some like minded souls out there. I am new to CQ and I am throughly enjoying it. I recently posted my first project if you get a chance come over for a visit. I have one of Carole's Books, "Treasury of Crazyquilt Stitches" what a wealth of information can be found within those covers.
Debbie

Laurie said...

I have the same thing here Gerry, the nearest cq group is an hour away. My sister and I are both in CQI, so Fridays are our cqing day. You're work is so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts