11/23/2010

Things are looking up!

Things are looking up and DH may get to come home after all..... I am happy to report I am not drifted in... The weather report has been upgraded from -12 degrees to -7 degrees for tonight and the "Blizzard Warning" is now just a "Hazardous Weather" warning.. I did have a crisis of sorts with the outlet in the pump house last night but was able to string enough electrical cords together from the garage to keep the heater going and this morning I found a new breaker in the barn... A friend came today to stitch and drove her 4-wheel drive in and out a few times so I have a good track for getting out tomorrow.

I laughed at Cathy's L comment today... I also had plenty of years when I was teaching and working that I hated dealing with the snow (especially living in Alaska)... Being retired is the "very best." I always said I wanted to be a hermit also but what I really want is being able to never leave home and have wonderful friends come to visit me... which is pretty much what I have.... How lucky for me...

DH will be on his way soon from Italy and it looks like he will be arriving between storms....only cold...He has to fly into Seattle to get a plane to Spokane and this morning the FAA Status Advisory for Seattle was: Due to SNOW-ICE, ...... arriving flights are delayed an average of 3 hours and 52 minutes. I will check it again in the morning... Good thing I love him...anyone else would have to sit at the airport until spring...

1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

You continuously amaze me with your incredible resourcefulness...I just love it! I'm on pins and needles with the story and I'm off to read the next post to see what happens...

P.S. I often think I would like a hermit's life myself...I think I like the idea of having no demands on my time but my own...to really get centered and be part of the nature I'm a part of...

P.P.S. Then I think God must not have intended that for me because I keep getting thrown right smack dab into the middle of all kinds of maelstroms...

P.P.P.S. Hope I'm one of the friends that drives up your 1/2 mile road one day for a visit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts