1/18/2011

The machines appear!!!

Remember this shot from yesterday and I told you the sewing machines were buried under even more fabric..?









I did not lie for here they are.... The machine on the far right is my 50-year-old Bernina I bought right out of college with money I earned cooking for forest service fire-fighting crews. It is a real work horse and sews beautifully but only does about 12 or so stitches other than straight stitch..

The machine behind is only about 20 years old and doesn't sew nearly as nice but has a zillion fancy stitches that I used to use a lot.
There were two sergers on the side table (one is in the house right now) ...one I kept threaded with stretchy wooly thread and the other with regular thread.. The blue machine in the back is a Sail Rite made for sewing heavy canvas for sail boats and is wonderful for denims....

Our warm spell is gone and it's snowing... Liz is coming back Thursday though and we will start on the long wall of shelves and bins... We will have to use two propane heaters though because we could barely keep it at 50 degrees with one big heater today...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the most amazing property. From your own forest to this incredible milking barn- sunroom.It must be a pleasure to live there. Jane in MO

Susan Elliott said...

WOA!!!! You guys are making serious PROGRESS!! It makes all the difference in the world to have a plan and a friend to help you do it. Think I could import Liz to Maryland?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts