1/03/2011

New Block and a Miracle!!

This is my newest block in the seams-only RR and it belongs to Jeanne in Switzerland... Whenever I send out instructions with my blocks you can count on two things being included.... NO ORANGE and no glue... so obviously orange is not my color of choice...

But that is exactly why I love doing RRs.. They make me think outside my comfort zone... When I run into an extra strong color spot I usually do one of two things... I either ignore it and bury it or I embrace it and bring it into the block... With this orange patch I have chosen to embrace it and have picked the threads shown using mostly the orange part of the triad on the color wheel... Jeanne also specified no beads and no lace but I did find some great braids that will work nicely and there I did look for purples...... The one with the paisley will lend itself to the new favorite template I mentioned the other day... If someone is uncomfortable choosing colors I strongly recommend learning to use a color wheel. If you get a good one they are really self explanatory... On the reverse side the wheel shows how to mix colors...wonderful for those mixing dyes.

Now for the miracle... this is how my letter from Carole Samples arrived in my PO box today... BOTH ends were open and only part of the top was attached. Obviously something has chewed it up and spit it out...
When I saw it I just knew the template was long gone...

But still tucked in the material scraps was my favorite template which Morris had chewed up and Carole so kindly replaced... Thank you friend Carole but bad marks for the post office...








3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Wow Gerry. Lucky girl today. That envelope was a wreck. Hope you're not! Happy New Year friend!

Cathy said...

Wow, you were lucky (OK, I agree - it was a miracle) to get the template intact. What a sweetie Carole is (we already knew that)! And she even addresses the envelope with flair. We could all take a lesson from Miss Carole on THAT, eh? I LOVE that you’re working with orange. Maybe I can convert you to “the dark side” after all, muaaaaahahahaha..... Hugs, Cathy

Cathy said...

The orange in her blocks bothered me too. I tried to use a color wheel when picking colors to use but I think I am color challenged. (Never did well in art classes I was forced to take). I guess it comes from making too many scrappy sane quilts.

Anyway...I thought I used tetrad colors when I worked on her block...but then again, maybe not.

Cathy L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts