2/13/2011

AAQ entry and Pat's magazine

My entry for the Alliance for American Quilts entry is in it's last stage... I just need to stitch down the gimp around the center section and do a label for the back... It will be entitled "It's a Man's World Unless Women Vote" I just HAD to add beads and fringe to the bottom even though it affected the overall size... Allie assured me that they wouldn't send it back because of it... I want Cathy K to see it in person next week and then into the mail it goes... It will tour the rest of the year and then go up for auction on e-bay in the fall..

I am so excited about Pat's magazine and can hardly wait for it to get here.... The cover alone is priceless. I ordered three copies...one for me, one for the granddaughter who loves my buttons, and one for a novice CQer who can use it as a resource..



2 comments:

Laurie said...

This turned out just amazing Gerry, the details, the pictures all tell the story so well. Congratulations on such a beautiful piece!

Susan Elliott said...

Hi Ger!

That quilt looks great...I know the world will enjoy your work, your photos and your story as much as I do. May it travel well and send your light into the world...

I also Just finished reading your section in Pat Winter's mag! It was great! And the pics were good too... congrats. There's a button on your Etsy site that I want so I'm going to buy it but don't ship it to me...just keep it until you see me at the adventure. Sleep tight. xo Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts