2/28/2011

And I need a name again....


This thingy came at the end of a retractable badge holder. The little metal bar in the center slides either way so you can release either end... It is 1 3/4" long...not very big... It is perfect for attaching small scissors to things and easily removing them... With no avail I have been searching google images using keywords....
lanyard clip
lanyard attachment
retractable badge attachment
clip with slider I want a LOT of them...
Does anyone know a proper name for it and if not suggestions for keywords to use in searching..
Also anyone trying to reach me through my gmail address is out of luck because I cannot access my gmail no matter how I try... it used to at least give me the html option to enter but that is gone now too... Please use olderrose@yahoo.com. This happened once before and lasted for several months and then one day I clicked it and it was back....

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Gerry, I have searched lanyard parts, accessories, slide, hook, fastener, double, clip, and about a dozen other keywords. I have found every conceivable iteration of a clip EXCEPT the one you’re looking for. Have tried electronics parts and office supplies.... Where on earth did you get that one??? Hugs, Cat

Mosaic Magpie said...

No luck finding anything like what you are looking for....the trick is to act as though you don't want any of them and you will be able to find all you want!
Deb
I will keep an eye out for it.

sewok said...

Looks like an interlock snap to me. Hubby uses them in fishing.

http://www.basspro.com/Fishing-Terminal-Tackle-Snaps-Swivels/Type-Snaps/_/N-1z0uxacZ1z0u3i8

Hubby doesn't salt water fish but this really looks like it minus the plastic part:

http://www.basspro.com/Fishing-Terminal-Tackle-Snaps-Swivels/Type-Snaps/_/N-1z0uxacZ1z0u3i8

There are dozens of varieties of them but this was the closest I found. Maybe if you haven't found them that would send you off in another direction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts