2/18/2011

Last Block...seams only

This is my last block in the "Seams Only" RR and it belongs to Helina... As you can see there are only four patches and three long seams.. But Helina has very cleverly requested and put out the challenge for wide seams..... I will use some ribbon or lace to increase the possibility of seams...

And I love wide seams.. the large space they take up visually creates such interesting patterns...




As a contrast Jeanne's block in the same RR had 9 patches and endless seam possilities but all very short...









There are fantastic wide seams in my Carole Samples "Treasury" book such as the one I circled at the left... I've always wanted to use some but I seldom have the space...Now's my chance... There are so many that it will be difficult to choose just a few... I won't have time to get started for a couple days but will keep my book handy to start highlighting the ones I might try... This book will be the first thing I pack going to CT in April.

Carole says others take their books to office supply stores and have a plastic binder put on it. I think that is the greatest idea and I would have NEVER thought of it...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That purple block...GORGEOUS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts