4/21/2011

This and that!!!

Just a little catch up about life on the home front while I'm sorting pictures to use for day 3 of the CA adventure. I thought I would have the afternoon to paint but not!! I did find someone to haul away the dead refrigerator but then had to clean where it had been for years...Then both dogs got into the plowed muddy field and needed baths. I did get some buttons posted back on etsy and tonight I roughly sketched in guidelines for a button of Marilyn's grandson... Wasn't sure about working that small but think it will be okay... the head is about the size of a penny.

A couple days ago Pat Winter left this comment..."Gerry, your DH is most certainly a handsome fella! He deserves sour cream rolls by the dozen! " He liked the part about being handsome Pat...but he REALLY liked the part about deserving sour cream rolls by the dozen.... But they're a lot of work besides being my secret weapon so he had to settle for date, walnut and oatmeal cookies this time... Since Morris gets most of the comments it gave DH's ego a boost.. Thanks Pat!


And finally, remember last January when I was trying to give away this wall thing with about 100 pockets. No one was really eager to have it and I am so glad because it has turned out to be the perfect thing for keeping my buttons sorted after I post them.. I had tried several other things but nothing was working.. The buttons are so small they are easy to mislay. It's pretty empty right now so will have to get busy..


Received lots of suggestions in CT for buttons.. including pansies, violets, chipmunks, more squirrels, cats and chickens and even dragonflies and unicorns... I was getting kind of tired of birds so doing something else will be a change...


And I did sell every last scissor holder in CT so have to make more of those... We're going to some out-of-town bridge tournaments and I can work on those in the car... Will let you know when I have them posted again...

3 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

The button portrait will be great!
Deb

Susan Elliott said...

That little button sketch is looking great. I would be so intimidated with that one...it amazes me that you can paint such detail on such a tiny button.

Connie said...

That happens to me so often -- I think I don't want something and later think of the perfect use! (which is why nothing ever gets thrown away) lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts