6/03/2011

Mondrian has arrived!!!

Margreet's Mondrian blocks have arrived.. and I had studied some on his life and had an whimsical idea in  mind...  But I'd never  settle on it until I saw Gayle's work but it will work well together...

Gayle used his later years and love for jazz as her inspiration...  I'm choosing his peripatetic life.. Living through two world wars and moving with the art world he was continually on the move throughout his career...

Margreet has limited us to the three primary colors plus white and black....no greens.  I probably would have used a little green so will adapt. I want my images to appear flat so will use a chain stitch for filling in areas of color. Also I'll do no seam treatments... DH is out of town this weekend so I'm not answering the phone, shutting the gate and will paint and stitch.... well also defrost the freezer and clean the oven....

One other small detail...  the line on the upper left is a little out of plumb and  that will drive me NUTS... will have to fix it..

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Looking forward to what you will do with this block Gerry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts