7/15/2011

Progress on Ritva's Artist RR.

I have been working on some off beat blocks and then all the somber colors of the suffrage quilt so doing these flowers is a real treat...  I think I'm off to a good start and will continue to build layers and layers of smaller flowers and foliage filling in... then some beads for overkill!!!

I really like the green lace as a background and decided to add a little brown lace to balance it out...  I bought some hand dyed Valdani pearle cotton from Maureen Greeson and it was all variegated shades of earthy greens.  She was closing it out last spring and I'm so happy I got some as I love the soft feel and texture of it... It was only sold by a "collection" so there was 12 balls of it... I can't imagine I'll ever run out.

I'm vacillating on whether to do the birds on felt or directly on the block...  They are quite small and would probably be fine doing direct.....but I love the dimensional effect of doing them on felt and they would complement Gayle's birds.   I have time to think about it.  I survived the bullion roses and it became easier..  Worked out bracing the needle against my stub was the best... BUT if you ever get anything from me with bullion roses on it, you KNOW I really love you!!!!

Just a side note:  Every time I get close to a relevant # of posts I think I will celebrate and then promptly forget until it's history...  But I figured out that probably in early September I will be doing post number 1000 and WILL do something special to celebrate... People who talk to much are referred to as talkative... I think that makes me blogative!!!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looking good Gerry!

Sandi said...

I love your progress so far. The laces are gorgeous.

Connie said...

I just love this Gerry. The boullions are looking gorgeous, and the lace is simply amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts