8/22/2011

Input from Susie

Susie sent me these photos today of the steps she took after the patches were fused to the foundation..  Step one: sewing around each patch to secure it.. Step two: adding lace to the sides of the seams.  Step three: adding gimp, braid, etc. to cover the edges of patches and lace.

When I get the tutorial all done these photos will be added...  Susie also added and I quote her:

"The other thing you should add to the tutorial is "Gerry's Rule for Victorian Carpet Bag Design" -- When you think you're done .... add more. It really did work for me. Especially after I decided that fancy stitched seams were difficult and time wasters - just adding laces on BOTH sides of the seams made the fancy stitched seams unnecessary....... adding another color trim or ribbon on top of that, improved the look. I kept her 'rule' in my mind and I think it made my bag better."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. When you use laces like this, do you sew the uneven edge of the lace down too? - perhaps with monopoly thread so it doesn't catch on things? Jane

Sandi said...

I love Susie's bag. And Jane's question is a very good one.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I have to make one of these bags and I have just noticed....YOU HAVE KITS!!! I am off to order one of those kits. How easy is that! You have done all the hard work of getting the fabrics and trims together.
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts