5/24/2012

My CQ stitchers are amazing and Morris has a green nose.

Remember last winter when two ladies found me and, along with another friend, we started meeting on Wednesdays.  I refer to them as my "Cqers in training." Through the winter we met every Wednesday and they are making amazing progress.. I have been nudging them along, offering advice and encouraging them to try new techniques and materials... and they have had access to my stash... Through the summer we will meet less frequently but I want to share two of  their projects. Our third stitcher was not there yesterday so I will catch her work later.


Sherrie had done some crazy quilting when she started coming and is a very accomplished needlewomen...  She started with a very small piece and now is working on a much larger fan block... and her seam treatments are absolutely gorgeous..

All of them bought Carole Sample's templates and are putting them to good use.



Kathy has been working on a flap for a BoHo bag. Yesterday she started on ribbon flowers in her basket.  We laid out lots of colors and discussed techniques. I know it will be the highlight on this bag when it is finished...


They have been so eager and enthusiastic that it's been great fun watching  their work progress.
They are already planning their next project...





And as a footnote I noticed last evening that Morris has green paint all over his nose and part of his face.  It looks suspiciously like the acrylic paint I use on my buttons so he probably chewed the top off a bottle I accidently dropped... I've searched the house in all his favorite hiding places and have not found any evidence... but he does indeed have a green nose...





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell the "trainees" that their stitching is beautiful.
Marci

Lorraine said...

Sherrie has done a fantastic job on her seam treatments. Kathy's boho bag is designed and stitched gorgeously. Looking forward to seeing the addition of silk ribbon work. Of course, they do have a fabulous teacher!

Marilyn said...

Your students are doing gorgeous work Gerry. You are a great teacher. Its been a while since there has been a Morris story. Ahhh, Morris..........

Cathy said...

The ladies do lovely work.
Is Morris Irish? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts