6/17/2012

The scaling has commenced.....

The  scaling has commenced and some things change as problems arise... Hiding and working with braids and cords that fray is always a challenge but I am developing a bag of tricks..  My initial thought had been to use rickrack along the spine but even though I have various sizes and shades of rick racks none of them pleased me.. All the braids were too wide, not flexible enough or not the right shape...  I finally decided on one that I can fold in halve and it is just barely long enough..  It will go on after I finish all the sequins...which will take a while

The front leg and foot I will do on felt and add later... the other feet will be embroidered..

I was surprised at how easy it was to transfer the dragon to the back of the block...  As you can see I only had to cut it into 3 pieces... Then I was ready to baste, chain stitch on the front and cut away excess gold fabric...

Doing sequins is so repetitive that I've had time to ponder on Arlene's block which should arrive any day now... I found a great inspiration today and will post it tomorrow.. I'm especially looking for ideas that will utilize things from my gold stash I haven't used yet.












1 comment:

Marilyn said...

He's going to be a very handsome fellow. You always have such great methods of adding texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts