6/18/2012

Unexpected Inspirations

While I'm finishing the dragon and sewing mannnnnnnnnnnnny sequins, my mind is wandering ahead to Arlene's block... I know it has a Paris theme and Janet said everyone put a perfume bottle on their block... Hmmmmmmmm!
How to make a perfume bottle from as much stuff as possible? (Gold stash is not diminishing at all) Sometimes inspirations just appear out of nowhere................ literally.

I  had a booth at another garden event on Saturday and found myself staring at a woman's chest.  She was wearing an "I love Paris" T-shirt and the designs were drawings of the ironwork of Paris...it is everywhere there... gates, stair railings, grills, balconies, etc. and I loved it when we were there.... I looked for examples in old Dover books and then ran across this picture of an urn and immediately thought "PERFUME BOTTLE"

Just looking at the picture I can see using lace, braids, cording, tulles, beads and jewels to make a similar bottle.  So a woman's t-shirt and accidentally  running across this urn while looking for iron work has inspired me... My little brain cells are exploding....

I'll have only one other block after Arlene's and I still have lots of  things left that I wanted to try in gold and won't get to them all... But one was flowers done with gold ribbons and beads and how perfect with perfumes...  I'm envisioning something along the lines of a very Art Nouveau poster...

Also on the Internet I found this photo of an antique French perfume bottles... How lovely and appropriate with all it's gold swirls and flowers.  I can hardly wait to begin and the blocks aren't even here yet..  I will use much more color on this project....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts