7/31/2012

Finally........................

For lots of reasons I have not done much stitching at all for 2 weeks... One of the reasons was I was at a standstill with the CQJP until I could get images printed...  I was waiting for our pension checks to get new ink for the printer and I really needed a block of time to choose photos and edit them...  This morning those tasks were at the top of my list.

"Morris and his farm friends"  This block was almost complete except for the image.. Now that is done I can finish it  and cross it off my list...





"Morris loves Molly" This was a really hard one for images because I had soooooooo many loving photos of them together and had finally narrowed it down to 5 but made the final cut today..













"Morris the mover!" Finally the photo for this block   required extensive, time consuming editing... Morris continually patrols the house and gathers anything unattached and moves it to the living room and guards it..Then after a while he makes another patrol and adds to his stash.  He's a herding dog after all.  I had several photos of these stashes and used photoshop to combine them into one...  I plan to repeat the elements in his stash around the block for a "find it" activity..

I need to take care of my mother today but when I get home it is stitch, stitch, and more stitch... It will be so great to get back on track...


I put DH on a train to ND Monday morning so I have a few days alone and as usual my routine starts with card tables everywhere so I can have projects going simultaneously  without tidying up between..  One card table is always used for the cutting mat   or the paper cutter.  Here I am making more shipping envelopes from my endless supply of frost blankets from nursery days.. A little time consuming but free and a new use for something that would eventually end up in the land fill. When he is gone two or more weeks you can hardly get through the house for all the card tables (which are also a by product of nursery days)....

2 comments:

Linda Wescott said...

Your blocks are so inspiring, and I love the shipping envelopes made from recycled materials. Hugs lin

Marilyn said...

I think Morris and Molly looking out the window is my favourite. That being said, I love all your Morris pix. When we lived in Greenwood DH would go to the island to celebrate the birthdays (Oct 7 & 8) with our son and I'd have the whole house for just me and the dogs. People felt so sorry for me because I was by myself...and here I was just happy as a clam because I could could when/if I wanted, have sewing stuff all over and not have to worry about anything.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts