10/10/2012

Fabulous Veggie Recipe

I was gathering recipes to send to the retreat ladies and thought I'd share this one.... On the first day I baked a ham and served roasted potatoes ..  Everyone wanted to know how I did the potatoes... And the secret is..................... this seasoning packet.

 I use either yukon gold or red potatoes - unpeeled - cut up, put in a plastic bag and add enough olive oil to coat and add this packet.....spread on foil in a shallow pan and roast at 400 degrees until tender... I'm not much into seasoning packets but I LOVE this one and not only use it on potatoes but other roasted veggies and fish as well...


My favorite veggie recipe for holidays and large groups is  a  mix  of butternut squash, peppers, carrots and onions all fixed the same way with the seasoning packet and roasted.. a real winner.....

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That looks yummy Gerry. I often do veggies and potatoes that way but I have to do my own seasoning blend because most commercial things like that really upset my system. But maybe I can make some of those for supper tonight. I have 3 bags of carrots that someone gave me and with snow on the ground it might be just the thing :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

Judy in MS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts