10/31/2012

Using old stuff, good news and the wagon rescue

I believe it was last winter when I posted about this green piece of shirred fabric I rescued from a thrift store pillow sham cover.  It's alway easy to use a green and sure enough it is going to work with this RR block..  The miracle was that I knew exactly where it was! 

This piece is coming along nicelyI should be able to finish it up today when my  CQers are working.



Yesterday on the way home I stopped at the new  needle shop "Lovely Little Stitches" to show the owner some examples of crazy quilting and she was very enthusiastic and there are now two blocks on display and she'll have a sign up sheet ... hopefully we will get enough to start some classes..... I'm excited about it....

This is one of the pieces I left.... "The Rose."  I did this piece for my mother who nurtured and loved roses all her life.  The beautiful embroidered rose is an antique applique given to me by Cathy K. Lots of lace here and notice the "button nest" for the bird upper right..


Remember from last week the poor wagon buried in  overgrowth?









Well the shrub was severely pruned and the old wagon is again a focal point in the garden.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I do hope there is interest in possible CQ classes.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your piece in greens is so gorgeous and "The Rose" is fabulous too! Thanks for pointing out the button nest - love that.

Marilyn said...

The shirring is a perfect finish to your block. You just have way too many great ideas :). Your Mom's rose block is beautiful. What a great block for someone who loves roses. Along with the other bits you mentioned, I love the dragonfly. I never would have thought to use lace for wings. I need to start a whole file all by itself called "Learned from Gerry". And the wagon looks great too - you have accomplished a lot this year.

Marilyn said...

Oops, I forgot to comment about your exciting news. That's fabulous. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a full class

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts