12/20/2012

CQJP 2013

I'm going to have a pastel, lace, cottage theme for my CQJP 2013...  I love themes.  This was originally going to be a pocket on a bag (a long time ago) but soon on I realized it was going to be too delicate as most of the lace is vintage...   It was too small (6") to be a center for a wall hanging and besides I'm not a wall hanging person... It will be the cover of another book of CQJP blocks.


Previously it just wasn't coming together so it went into the UFO basket.. The lace fence needed to be larger... The blue  Edmar thread I used for the pond was yukky.  Only a bird flying over would see the chimney at that angle... The stitching I started for the roof ridge was the wrong color..  But the ugliest thing of all is the path from the door... It looks like a long brown tongue going off the block...  It was the very first thing I picked out ... Then I removed the pond and the lace fence.

But I do have a plan... I want a taller fence in front and the path to wind from the house to an arbor in the fence.  Rather than leading out of the block, the new path will invite visitors into the garden.... I would like a lace lantern and a lace birdhouse if I can find the right lace..  Because this was such a small block I started all the flowers and foliage with french knots of  a single strand silk thread and will continue even though it will take forever...

Isn't it funny how if you don't look at something for a long while and  when you see it again you have a whole new perspective.




Now that the book about Morris is a reality, he's available for autographs...

4 comments:

FredaB said...

There will be no keeping that boy down on the farm once he hears about his autographs.

Hugs

FredaB

Marilyn said...

Your cottage blocks are going to be fun to watch :). Morris is going to be very popular now, being the star of his own book. He will be very busy signing those autographs.

Renee said...

Your cottage is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see your CQJP 2013 blocks.

Diane said...

What a great beginning block for the CQJP2013. Next size up from your painted cottage buttons! Have a merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts