5/10/2013

Bloomers (my size) and thinking ahead!!!

I spent last night at my mother's assisted living facility while she is recovering from a medical procedure.  The scary thing is I fit right in and was welcomed as a new resident... Home for a bit today and will go back..  Did get a lot of stitching done.

Here's the progress on June's CQJP project.  The stuffing in her bloomers needs a little fine tuning but she's there to stay and will work on her flower garden now... Somehow I ended up with very little seam anywhere for fancy stitching...






Thinking ahead.... I mention I wanted to repeat some of my favorite motifs..  Well I also want to redo some BETTER...  One is a flower/garden cart.  I have done several over the years on RR blocks but none I was overjoyed with so I want to try again with a different approach.   I decided that I might build my cart with lace this time..  The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea.. I eventually want to do one block with a garden bench and may build it with lace also.. So many of the larger laces have such gorgeous structural elements.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

If the bloomers are going to show, they might as well be pretty :). That's not a view of myself I want to show (grin). I can hardly wait to see teh lace garden cart. Hope your Mom gets better soon.

margaret said...

I wish your Mum a speedy recovery.
What a great pair of bloomersw you have such a crative mind and know this block is going to be another sonderful creation.
the wheelbarrow design looks good

Suztats said...

If that were me bending over in the garden, I'm afraid the bloomers would need to be bigger! LOL I love your bloomer babe! The lace cart sounds beautiful. Best wishes for your Mother's full recovery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts