6/22/2013

Chatelaine good enough to travel!

Well it's done enough to use... I still have to do my name  and a new pincushion...  But the pincushion requires me to paint a new button of Morris and I don't see that happening before I leave so the old pincushion will do until then.

I ran into a few hurdles and changes in directions but will tell about that in another post..  One pocket is trimmed with the ruched velvet ribbon and the other ended up being trimmed with some cool pleated trim  I salvaged from a dress years ago.

I have a bead or two I might add and have room for some new keepsakes and a spider web.

















And I do have pockets....


You can see the pleated trim on the left pocket better in this photo.

7 comments:

margaret said...

an amazing piece, it will is delightful to look at and I am sure will be greatly admired by all who see it. Congratulations on producing perfect chatelaine.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Gerry,
The chatelaine turned out stunning! I love all the little "hidey holes" you have added for storing all those extras we need while stitching. My favorite is the MP3 pocket....stitching and listening to a book, the perfect combo!
Deb

Marilyn said...

I love your chatelaine Gerry. Mine is almost done but, as ever, there are things I would change if I made another. But for now it will do.

Bear said...

Gerry your chatelaine is just beautiful and I am positive that you will have many compliments when you wear it Gorjus!!!!!
Love n hugs bear xoxoxo

Debbie S. said...

Simply wonderful! I love it with all it's pockets and charm.

Quayceetatter said...

Thank you for taking us on this wonderful journey. It is gorgeous and will make one in the near future.

Createology said...

Your chatelaine is pure creative bliss and very practical. I adore your beautiful chatelaine. Thank you sew very much for sharing your techniques. Safe travels...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts