6/04/2013

The game is afoot. Not a word! Let the fun begin..

On Saturday I had access to the truck without raising suspicion so I was able to get to the lumber store for supplies and get them into the barn before DH got home.

For an inexpensive endeavor, I seem to be spending a lot of money... Some of this is for the frame on the entry which I had hoped to have done before he left but will be done now in conjunction with the rainbow door.  I'm thinking I might have been a little over ambitious thinking I could do the commode chair at the same time.

I started priming all the raw wood boards and trims in the barn yesterday and will do some each day.. I want all my prep work done so when DH starts down the drive Monday I can immediately move the radial arm saw into the garage and start. I have pretty much cleared the week as much as possible..



I mentioned last winter that I knew I had another angel buried under a gazebo which collapsed the year we had 9 feet of snow...  I could see part of it during the winter but really had to search for it with everything leafed out..  It is about 24" across and has bits of moss growing on it and had lots of mud on the back... I'll let it dry and gently brush the mud off as I like the patina..When I set it on the gravel to dry, Morris promptly peed on it....adding much esthetic value I'm sure.

While I was back there I wrestled this iron piece up to the house and will attach it to the garage to support one of several clematis I relocated. It weighs a ton and will not be easy to attach.... I moved three of my favorite clematis from the back of the garden so I will get to enjoy them.  It will take a few years for them to recover... They were so huge they were climbing into surrounding trees.  I had to gather all my resolve to cut them back and dig them up...

I have another similar iron piece that needs to be moved also.  Thirty years ago I used to find old iron work cheap everywhere.  Now I never see it anymore except in upscale antique stores..

I'm also delighted to report that the gaura lindheimeri which I searched the entire country for last year has survived. Last year I also searched  for eriophyllum and found nary a plant for sale and found it this spring and expect it any day now.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I can hardly wait to see pictures of the door. I'm sure we will all love it - here's hoping your DH does too. That gate is lovely. I love curves and that one speaks to me.

margaret said...

You certainly seem to be able to put your hand to anything you want to do, any chance of popping over here and doing some jobs for me?!!No seriously I admire your talents

Shirlee Fassell said...

Can't wait to see this door come to life... You should get that helper you had a wile back to give you a hand..in for a penny in for a pound.

Suztats said...

Shhhh, not telling a soul, but eagerly watching and waiting to see the transformation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts