9/19/2013

From black and blue to yellow and green

The bruising and swelling have subsided and I'm changing colors like a kaleidoscope.  What looks like penciled-in eyebrows are actually two of the four incision scars..  My son suggested I have eyebrows tattooed over these scars when all the swelling is gone and the rest of the stitches have dissolved. My surgeon made the teeny tiniest stitches....would make any quilter proud.

If  I were a really brave person I'd have some some fancy CQ seams tattooed instead... alas not quite that brave.



Now that October is looming and I lost most of last week, I am taking all the extra time that my wonderful helper can give me... Yesterday we redid the shade cloth on the greenhouse as extra security against losing the plastic to fierce winter winds.  If you have ever had to try to put a new cover on a big greenhouse in the dead of winter, you know how this extra step is worth the effort.  The greenhouse is 100 feet long but I only keep 50' of it covered.  I actually don't use it much anymore but try to keep it up as who knows when we will have to sell.

Today it will be moving plants, more squirrel barriers, and starting to gather things in for the winter....tools, hoses, wheelbarrows, plus winterizing the tractor...

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your surgeon did an excellent job. And I love the tatooed eyebrow idea. Winter is coming soon - we had a heavy frost last night and our furnace has been cutting in for the last 2 nights. I'm not sure I'm ready - we had a long, cold winter, a miserable spring and about 3 weeks of summer in September. However, my opinion doesn't count for much to Mother Nature so I guess I'll just get lots of books and stitching projects ready.

margaret said...

so good to read surgery went well and the face is now getting back to normal, won`t the eyebrows regrow?
That is a big greenhouse and fingers crossed you get a buyer then you can buy more stitchery things with the proceeds

Shirlee Fassell said...

Hope you recover quickly... Your sons idea of tats for your eyebrows is not a bad one!! Hoping the greenhouse and we all survive the winter!

Suztats said...

Glad you're recovering well!

Cathy said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well and that you are recovering nicely. At the Retreat, Shari was there with a black and blue face (that turned to green and yellow) over the 4 days. She had fallen down a 14-step flight of stairs - no broken bones. You two are Karmic twins.

Shoot, I guess it's time to start preparing for winter here, too. I hate losing leaves and flowers for six months!

Take care! ugs, Cathy

gocrazywithme said...

You just look like you went a little overboard with the eye shadow. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and hope you'll be back to normal and stitching up a storm soon.

FredaB said...

Dear Gerry I did not know you were having surgery but am sure glad to see you are up and about and working as usual. Having your eyebrows done is not a bad idea. They are done in a beauty salon not in a tattoo parlour. I had mine done 2 years ago and they do fade some but at least you can see eyebrows. Mine were so sparse and unless they were pencilled you could not tell I had any. Much better now. Look into and you will be surprised.

One of my Australian friends who did a lot of teaching had hers dyed so she could get up in the morning at a teaching event and just put on lipstick and felt she was ready to go.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts