10/08/2013

Back Again!


We took our first "together" vacation since 2006 and went to a duplicate bridge tournament on the Oregon coast.  You can't blame a low score on bad cards in this situation. Every person in this picture sitting in the same direction is playing exactly the same hand of cards (hence the term duplicate).  You just have to play it better. The group is divided into sections of various abilities (hence the L, N, etc.. This is just part of the main floor of the convention center and the second floor was full of tables as well. Over the 6 days almost 3000 tables were in play. DH is very competitive and loves this. I do it because I love him...
But one doesn't expect this kind of weather on the northern Oregon coast in October.  We shared a condo facing the beach with another couple and each morning I watched the sky turn from night to shades of pinks and finally blue.  I was able to stitch a couple hours each morning with this view.

I did manage to find a small bead store  and bought some delightful  tiny  topaz beads which will be perfect for the suffrage quilt which is moving along nicely.  I was hoping to have it ready to assemble by Christmas and I do believe I'm going to make it.



And of course a person having a rainbow door couldn't resist these outrageous gypsy earrings. They are huge and I plan to combine  and "redesign"  them   into a pendant for a necklace...

The dogs welcomed us home with much enthusiasm and by tomorrow things should be back into "getting ready for winter" mode...

5 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

WElcome home! I've always wanted to learn bridge. That tournament looks pretty amazing. I never knew it existed...Jim got a kick out of it too...

margaret said...

what an enormous tournament, not a game I have ever learnt to play but see I am in the miinority, good to see you had time for stitching too. Looks like a very peaceful beach, beautiful

Shirlee Fassell said...

Your amazing...a women of many talents! Love the new winter look of your blog.

Marilyn said...

Welcome back. When I lived on Vancouver Island we used to get some pretty nice weather in October. I spent the last week of my pregnancy (first week of October) down in the basement because it was about 90 C outside. Love the earrings - can't wait to see what you do with them.

Mosaic Magpie said...

The bridge tournament looks great! I learned to play not long ago. What a lovely view you had to stitch with.
Winter will be here, before we are ready, I am sure.
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts