11/15/2013

Bird and chain and left side finished.

 I wanted the little velvet bird from Susan to be an integral part of the story....thus the chain... Suffragettes used them a lot... In order to slow down their arrest and dispersal they chained themselves to fences, lamp posts, gates and doors. I have a few more chains for the piece but they will be added when the blocks are sewn togethers..







Except for the buttons the left side is done.

Here are the two sides together.  The middle sections are about 95% finished.  I am going to have to find someplace to hang them where I can see the whole effect before I start sewing them together..
Rest assured the colors and fabrics from right to left are all the same.  They were just photographed under different light.  I keep fiddling with the lighting because of all the black.. It's a headache.  The colors on the left are closer to the true colors... especially upper left... they are VERY rich.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Its looking good although on my screen the right side looks very much lighter. That will probaly change as you get more done. I wish I could see the bird in person. Chevy just got me up because the fellow who plows out our driveway for us was out there working. Very nice because DH has the flu and won't be able to get out and do it tomorrow. Mind you, I don't know how much more we'll get before then. I'm hoping Chevy is ready to let me go back to sleep now.

margaret said...

this project really is outstanding, so much to see and admire. Wonder if we would have thrown ourselves into the protests, chaining ourselves up etc, I fear I would not have done so but hope I wold have had the courage to do so.

Suztats said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!

Gerry Krueger said...

Rest assured the colors and fabrics from right to left are all the same. They were just photographed under different light. I keep fiddling with the lighting because of all the black.. It's a headache.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Fabulous!!! Makes me want to crazy quilt again. Love love love it!!!

Laurie said...

This is just beautiful, Gerry. I've been admiring suffragettes in an old issue of Somerset so it's so nice to see you doing a current work on that theme!

Susan Elliott said...

I'm honored that you found a spot for the bird. This quilt is marvelous and the palette makes me want to make a quilt myself. Such an inspiration. Every time I see something in this color range I think of you and your quilt. It's been so much fun being on the journey with you. It's marvelous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts