1/07/2014

A bird, a dress,and a rainbow

I'm making progress on my bluebirds and taking photos of the steps as I go along in case anyone is interested in the process.  I will post them as a tutorial  on block talk when   completed..











Got this vintage (VERY vintage) silk wedding dress at the thrift store last week.  It had a obvious stain on the front so I got it for $8.99.. and will gradually dismantle it. The fabric is lovely and there is a LOT of it even tho the body of the gown is fitteds (1970s style) the train is very long..
















There will be about 7-8 yards of this fine quality cotton lace from this dress... Just perfect for my CQJP 2013 cottage project. I doubt I could even buy cotton lace of this quality now.  Not the least bit flimsy.....very structural and finely detailed.




I had my threads on rings on the BACK of a door to my little storage room where they were not casually seen.. Yesterday I put another hanger rack on the living room side and hung a rainbow of rings so I could enjoy them all the time.  There were getting to be too many rings on the back side of the door anyway...

4 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Love those bluebirds! Jim and I had a very special walk last week when we came upon a flock of them and they were all bathing in a shallow stream. It was an unusually warm day for winter. NOTHING like today!!!

Cathy said...

I saw your Suffrage quilt in a post over on Grandmother's Choice blog.


http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.com/2014/01/gerrys-suffrage-crazy-quilt.html

And your hanky panky work is gorgeous. I might have to try the ring organizers.

Marilyn said...

You do such a lovely job on birds. I'm anxious to see them on their new home. Good score on the wedding dress. The lace is so pretty. I've never come across wedding dresses in my price range at our thrift shops. Maybe one day. Isn't it fun to put out your pretties where you can just look at them and revel in them.

margaret said...

bluebirds looking spectacular. A great buy with th wedding dress and yes the lace looks lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts