4/16/2014

The bluebirds have landed and the popcorn ritual...

All the bluebirds are stitched on the anniversary quilt. Once I finish the foliage I can start on the embellishment in earnest.  I have a large collection of my most special treasures saved for this piece.

I have the dubious talent of turning a simple project into something complex and time consuming.  I had planned for just two birds and now I have 8. Now I want the foliage by the birds similar to  the foliage in the focal point which will mean about 400 French knots.





But for a couple days it is going to get a good stretch and rest on this foam thing I found in the barn..

It is something left from days we had a booth and it folds.. It opens quite large which is great as this piece is too large for my bulletin boards.  Sorry about the lighting.









Our dogs love popcorn and my husband has preparing it down to a fine art and he shares with the dogs.  They eagerly watch while he is popping it and the minute he sets 2 paper towels on the floor, they position themselves and wait... They each get a few kernels in turn until it is all gone.  They wait patiently for their turn and stayed glued to their spot...

7 comments:

Momma Bear said...

what good puppies!
your piece is lovely, I love the nesting pair especially well, they look so real.

Marilyn said...

We, but all the birds look at home on the piece. I love the look of simple - just can't seem to make it happen on my projects. The dogs are so cute waiting for their popcorn - and DH too of course.

crafty cat corner said...

Wonderful pictures of the blocks and especially of the little dogs.
Briony
x

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love everything about your anniversary quilt so sweet! I love popcorn too ... smart dogs!

Renee said...

Oh, Gerry, your bluebirds are just GORGEOUS! What a beautiful, beautiful treasure you are creating.

margaret said...

this is a wonderful piece and the birds look so at home on it, best of luck with those French knots

Lorraine said...

I do apologize Gerry that it has been SOoooo long since I visited. This is just delightful - love the bluebirds. Think I just may have to add something like this to my current CQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts