5/12/2014

All set to tie one on!!!

I have a bin of ties and use them often in projects.  In fact I used a lot of them in my suffrage quilt and have used many in this jacket project.  Up until now the very best find on silk ties was in Salt Lake City at a thrift store run by the Mormons.  All their ties were only $1 apiece.  But Friday we stopped at a thrift store here in Spokane and they had a huge supply of ties for 49 cents apiece... almost  all silk.  I found several for the jacket and started picking out others and these colors started coordinating...  No project comes to mind but sure it will eventually.. very quiet and soothing combo.
Maybe they appealed to me because I'm in the midst of all these VIBRANT colors now.
 

3 comments:

margaret said...

what a great find, I am waiting for one of my brothers to give me his ties and cotton shirts he had whilst living and teaching in Kuwait, he is now retired and has promised to gibe them all to me, think he wants a quilt!

Marilyn said...

You lucked out thrifting again. We went yesterday to a couple of thrift shops but all I got was a doily and a queen size cotton sheet to use for a quilt backing.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Gerry, don't you just love them! I find them at our Salvation Army store, usually for $1.00. Some very nice ones at that! We have other thrift stores here in town so I'm going to start visiting those and see what they have.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts