5/21/2014

Jacket Progress

I'm about half done with the seams on the right front of the jacket.  Imagine the seams done and it covered with embroidered birds, bugs, flowers and maybe a sheep, rabbit and/or chicken... On the jacket body I am using NO lace, beads, trims, rickrack etc.  This is definitely a personal homage to embroidery alone.

(Please note Janet....the "blurred seam" by the red stripe.  Thanks)

BUT I have a spectacular vision for the facing.

















This antique quilt has been my inspiration and, like it, my motifs will not be bounded or constrained by the shape of the patch.. but mine will be more animal than floral and they will all be done off block...

I'm waiting for the next block in the RR so have some extra time plus had some minor surgery on left foot and needing to baby it. ..all boils down to more stitching time.



















5 comments:

margaret said...

looking great, trying to picture it in my mind as a finished waistcoat with all the animals etc

Marilyn said...

Looking great. I like the look of the compound seams rather than just the single stitch on the antique one. You are just zooming along.

Suztats said...

Wow, lots of progress made already. Looking forward to seeing your plans come to life. I know it will be fabulous. Take care of your foot.

Heather said...

This is my year to work on crazy quilting. I made a good start but kind of lagged for a while. After viewing your work, I am ready to get back at it. Thank-you.

gocrazywithme said...

I noticed the "blurred line" seam immediately! Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts