5/20/2014

Polly and her pups left home.


Polly and her pupcycle left home recently...  I made dolls for years and years.  Most often a doll  came about because of a theme or concept, but occasionally a doll was inspired by a "prop" and Polly was such a doll. 

























I saw this metal tricycle planter at a thrift store and I could just envision the basket fill with pups......thus
becoming a "pup"cycle.

I have a dear friend who loves dogs as much as I do and she   lost a beloved dog early this year and when her birthday came about recently I couldn't think of a better home for Polly and her pups...






I hadn't made a doll for about 8/10 years now.  Not that I didn't enjoy it or ran out of ideas but you can only have and store so many dolls so one day I just quit.

But I think I have to make one final doll...  and I  had her started years ago... 



The first step is to sculpt the head  and then (like CQ) gather materials for costuming and accessories. So here she is....the head for my garden's goddess.

I sculpted this head  from clay years ago and she has been on this dowel waiting ever since.  Most images you see of garden goddesses and garden angels are lovely and ethereal but my garden is tough and survives severe winters, summer droughts, and is besieged  by deer, gophers and rabbits so my garden goddess definitely had to be of stern resolve.  I have a large bag of fabulous fabrics and materials ready to go.. So one day....... 

5 comments:

Marlynne said...

Just adorable!

Lorraine said...

Well, I had no idea you created dolls! Love Polly and her pups and suspect she was well received :). I'll look forward to your progress with the garden goddess - must admit, she looks pretty darn good already....

Marilyn said...

My goodness, is there anything you can't do? I'm sure Polly has a good home with your friend and I can't wait to see your garden fairy done. No one is going to get her down.

margaret said...

what a wonderful creation you have made here, this will be so loved and treasured. Garden goddess I know will also be wonderful

Suztats said...

Dolls? Wow, I didn't know that! You surprise me often with the variety of your creations. Love the pupcycle! Looking forward to more about your garden goddess. Will she live outside in your garden?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts