9/02/2014

Secret work on August unveiled!

 
I did the August page in Pam Kellogg's calendar which has just been released.  It had to be done in secret months ago.  It was hard for me to work on something and not share it on the blog.  I wanted intense color for the heat of summer.  Since it will hopefully be seen from a distance I also want something bold and visible.  But now it can be shared with everyone.  Bold enough????
The flowers were large silk white daisies which I disassembled, dyed with alcohol inks, rough cut the petals, stacked and beaded.  But what I was really happy with were the seams on it... Every one of them went into my seam book and will be used again on the jacket.

8 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I've been into crochet for a while now but seeing this makes me want to get the block stuff out again, really beautiful Rose
Briony
x

Marilyn said...

Very cool - er hot. I love it and I can see why you will use the seam treatments again. I can hardly wait until I can order a calendar.

M. Hair said...

Beautiful. Ordered my calendar yesterday and got the digital version free. Love your work.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's so much fun to go around and see the incredible details of everyone's calendar block. Can't wait to get my copy!

gocrazywithme said...

Love that red wing blackbird. They used to be pretty common here, but not so much lately.
congrats on being included in this calendar!

margaret said...

a wonderful page for the calendar. The vibrancy of the green really pops

Suztats said...

Wonderful! August is a favourite month, and your block is fabulous. Congrats.

Susan Elliott said...

Absolutely marvelous! I didn't know there was a calendar but I can't wait to buy one! When will it come out??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts