12/30/2014

Before and after the sepia editing.

These are  some of the images I was working from... I didn't have much leeway as I have been collecting them for several years and I only had these and 3 more.  Three of them were either too grainy or too small to use or not the right pose...  As you can see they were either black and white or various shades of sepia...
  I cropped them so the girls were about the same size, discarded the two lower right because they didn't fit....  Than I entered them individually into Picasa.  After I made them all sepia and   I used the color temperature bar to get them as close as possible to the same shade of sepia.  Here is what I ended up with.
When you see the before and after below you can see it was well worth the time it took to do the editing.  Not hard but time consuming with this many photos...  If I can find a replacement I will discard the lower right photo...not my favorite as it has a kinda   greenish tinge I could not get rid of entirely...  I just love the photos tho....aren't just sweet as well as saucy!!!!
 

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Its going to be so much fun to watch these progress :). I'm just waiting to drool over all the lovely laces

margaret said...

these have certainly worked well with picasa, glad we do not still wear them

Lorraine said...

Great selection of photos and the sepia editing worked very well. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one through the year. Always enjoy your posts. Wishing you all the best in 2015 Gerry :)

Suztats said...

This looks great, Gerry! I love the sepia and the saucy nature of the photos. Looking forward to watching your progress on this piece.

Suzie in Idaho said...

I just love these charming old photos. Great advise on using Picasa, I'll be using that in the future. Will truly enjoy watching this develop. Suzie in Idaho

Createology said...

These images are so beautiful. Your work is amazing.

Unknown said...

Gerry if you purchased images from Etsy would you still depend the color when printing on fabric?
Thanks:)
Marilou

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts