12/17/2014

Choosing and editing images....

 

I have about 50 images to narrow down to 12 and to edit (cropping and resizing) .. Some are already shades of sepia like this one on the left but I prefer a warmer toned sepia.

Some are more black and white like this one on the on the right..









 And some are colored.  After working  with the suffrage photos and lots of trial and errors, I found ways to get the best results and I will share the steps with you as I go along...







Then there are the media ads....   which are   either black and white or various shades of antiqued paper.

I never try to hurry through this process as I know unless I take my time with it, I'll never be happy with it.  The first step will be finalizing my choices which will not be easy because I have some great ones.  I started collected these in 2011 so there are many.





5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Well, I don't envy you having to make the choices but I do envy you being able to look through them all :). Old ads are so great and have a lot of things that are unknown today. So much fun to try to figure them out. Have fun.

margaret said...

what fun these crazy bocks are going to be, glad we do not have to wear corsets like these anymore

Mosaic Magpie said...

I will be watching with interest...photo editing is something I know little about. Is there a good basic program or is the Paint program on our computer good enough?

Mary Ann Tate said...

I'm interested to know how you will place them on the template you have chosen. Looking forward to following your process:)

Suzie in Idaho said...

ooooo, these are so charming. Love the old photos. Will enjoy following along on this one, as always. Suzie in Idaho

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts