12/19/2014

I confess... I did it AGAIN!!!

Yes indeed...walking through Costco I again put a big bag of lemons in my cart.  Since I blog about this foolhardy compulsion about once a year, you would think I would remember just how much baking I had to do to use up a whole bag of lemons. 

So I began this morning and made a Lemon Sour Cream Pie.... and tonight we'll have lemon risotto for dinner..  That takes 3 lemons...which leaves about 10 large ones left.







I always do my favorite Lemon Sponge tart....this dirties about 6 bowls and makes a disaster area of the kitchen.

 And then I make mini-loaves of Sour Cream Lemon Pound cake...
I usually do a couple batches of these and freeze them.. But my freezer died just before I left for Houston. and I haven't replaced it yet... That will use 4 more lemons... 6 left

I have yet to find the perfect recipe for lemon cookies,.  Last year I made Pecan-oatmeal-lemon cookies....good but not real lemony.. If you have a good recipe for lemon cookies...send it to me..

Then there will have to be some lemon curd and lemon gelato (whoops..no freezer - no gelato).    I just might  use them up as always.... It always happens in the winter... I think it is a seasonal disorder... On a grey day a bag of yellow lemons looks the solution to all my problems...

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love lemons. I have a really good recipe for lemon zucchini muffins - its from the Chef on the Run cookbook. Let me know if you'd like it. Meanwhile, I'll just drool all over my keyboard over your recipes.

gocrazywithme said...

It's been a grey day here today too. Those lemons look bright and delicious.

Createology said...

I love bright yellow lemons and how sunshine cheerful they are. Everything sounds delicious that you are cooking and baking. If you add the lemon zest to the cookie batter they taste more lemony. Pure Lemon Sunshine on a grey day...

magicmoonmusings said...

Mmmm...lemons are wonderful. I too have been searching for a very lemony cookie recipe without much luck (I usually end up adding lemon extract).

However if you like lemon bars, this Ina Garten recipe is fantastic:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-bars-recipe.html

Mosaic Magpie said...

I read a recent tip about polishing the chrome fixtures on the kitchen sink...rub the area with a cut lemon...I would assume it removes the dried water spots.
My grandmother always made a lemon fruitcake that was delicious!
Merry Christmas!
Deb

Marlynne said...

Thank you for this interesting and informative post. Hope I remember it when I have time to try it!1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts