12/07/2014

It was not all needles and threads......... post #1500

When I was thinking about what to put in this post I thought I would use excerpts from some of the Gerry's Journal posts... Then I noticed that there were 286 of them... You probably know more about me than most of my friends.. and you have been through it all with me....1500 posts and almost 1/2 million page views.

First of course is the farm itself... There were 64 posts about the farm...  Mostly about the wonderful magical barn.  The roof was rotting and the sides about to collapse when we moved here and rescued it.

























It has  had many transformations.  During the years of the nursery the milking side  of the barn served as a tea room and classroom.  I always have this fantasy that some day new owners will convert it back into a milking room and the cows will have flowered wallpaper and a view.
You have seen it at its best and its worst.










And of course there is my forest which I planted in 1995...all 5279 trees.  I posted about the forest many times.  The trees are now over 35' tall and home to deer, elk, coyotes, wild turkeys and many other forms of wildlife.  Not many people have their very own forest and you have watched it grow and was there when the eagle landed.

I had the blog the last years
of my beloved Fritz...a perfect gentleman and a perfect dog.  I didn't think I would ever stop grieving for him...








But along came Morris who was my bad boy and had the world's longest puppyhood...and I almost renamed him Mayhem.  But even Morris has finally matured into a perfect gentleman.

There were 40 posts about my sheep.  Most of you were with me every spring when it was lambing time with all its drama... You even were privy to all the shenanigans of my ram, Randy Andy, as he tried to move heaven and earth for sex.

You were there when the cougar attacked my flock and heard my heart break.

Again and again (at least 60 posts) I have shared the over 65 species birds that visit our property. And there were all the things I recycled, upcycled and painted because it was ugly.




And of course there is DH...who insists it should be HWCH (handsome, witty and charming husband).  I have shared the recipe for his favorite sour cream rolls and recounted all the times I served him chicken (which he hates) and told him it was turkey.  When I had the elaborate plot to paint the rainbow door, I blogged about it for 5 months and no one let him in on the secret.

He is a "chick magnet" for every old lady in town..  They all vie for spots on his tours and fight to sit by him on the bus...  And of course they are all hussies which was one of my favorite posts.   My dictionary actually defines a hussy as a "a brazen or immoral woman who is standing too close to Gerry's husband".





Here I am with TWO black eyes. You all gave me sympathy though my many injuries.  My doctor always tells me her other patients just get sick, I try to kill myself.  Over the course of these years I cut off one finger, mangled another in a belt sander, broke a leg, broke an arm, had surgery on two injured knees (one thanks to Randy Andy and the other falling off a ladder) and had two concussions.  One when I rode my bike head first into a wall of rock and the other when I fell and shattered all the bones on the left side of my face.






But I just kept going until "my door was no more" and then I had a complete melt down.  But now that I have a "new" old door, life is more or less harmonious except the house getting hit by lightening and the robber shooting at DH...

But Houston was a real boost and I will soon be stitching and blogging away again.  My heartfelt thanks to all who read my posts and hope you keep coming back...






24 comments:

Susie Wolfe said...

Well .... here it is ... 1,500 post! Cheers to you my dear friend! You did it up in your typical grand style. I will always be grateful to the blog as that is how I met you. What a 'great ride'- with more to come!!!
Love,
Susie

Lorraine said...

Congrats on post #1500 - yes, there are a lot and as you said, we do know quite a bit about you and DH :)! Lots of laughs to be sure. Didn't realize until this post that you have your own forest - how lucky can a girl be... I don't think I'd mind having my own forest, especially watching it "mature" through the years. Ah well, I'll toast you with a glass of bubbly and look forward to many more stitching, farming, blogging ventures. Hugs, L.

usagypsy said...

Well...never a dull moment with you 😀 congrats on #1500!

margaret said...

congratulations on your 1500 blogs, I have not been following you all that time so think I need to take a week out and read all about your happenings prior to me finding you as OI have missed so much

Cathy said...

A lovely blog written by a lovely friend. I'll be here reading it as long as you're writing it! Congratulations on your 1500 milestone and may you have 1500 more. And then some. Hugs to you, Ron, and the FURKIDS....

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow! What a glimpse into your blog. Congrats on 1500 posts.

I need to check out our archives.

I love the rose covered barn. I can't imagine planting my own forest of over 5,000 trees.

You are a survivor and an inspiration.

May your holidays be filled with love, peace and joy ~ FlowerLady

Mosaic Magpie said...

Sitting here with a big smile on my face...oh the memories this post has brought back. It is nice to have a blog, if for no other reason than to have a record of the past. I am trying to remember when I began reading your blog, I would imagine when I searched for Crazy Quilting. Who would know all the things I would learn here as well. I can now create a bench from 2 dining room chairs thanks to you! We have cried with you, recently over the orphaned fawn and we have laughed. We have also been proud to see you, our friend have her quilt displayed at the National Quilt Show.
We are looking forward to what new adventure you will be sharing with us next!
I would be remiss in not taking the time to Thank You for all the knowledge, encouragement, inspiration and friendship you have shown me.
xo,
Deb

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We love your posts and your variety of subjects. Today I'd like to thank you for your comment about Morris. My Boscoe just turned one in October. He's a big dog and I keep telling Terry that the bigger they are, the longer they are a pup. He is slowly learning manners and your comment gives me hope that he too will become a gentleman.
xx, Carol

Marilyn said...

Congratulations on 1500! I don't think I have been with you right from the first, but I've been here for several years and I have laughed and cried and learned more than I can ever recount. I'm so glad you feel rejuvenated and are planning to continue blogging :).

Rengin Yazitas said...

Congratulations for your 1500 post! I always enjoyed to visit your blog, there was always an interesting thing to read or review.
Wishing you all the best, much love,
Rengin, in Istanbul

DH said...

Congratulations Gerry! I am new here and have just started reading your blog. I found it as a result of being a new crazy quilter. I appreciate the recap of some of your past posts. It all sounds very interesting! I look forward to following you on many more adventures! Dawn

Lisa Boni said...

What a wonderful recap of your blog! Not only do you have 1500 posts, but think how many blog-land friends as a result! And not only have you blogged and shared so much of your life, but you have read and commented on so many of your reader's blogs over the years too! Thanks for always being such a great inspiration to us and for being a great friend even though we've never actually met!

NickiLee said...

Congratulations Gerry! Thank you for so many wonderful stories, beautiful creations, your sharing of ideas and thoughts and most especially, thank you for being you! It was such a thrill meeting you in CT a few years ago - you are such an inspiration! We love you! Nicki

Momma Bear said...

Keep them coming Gerry!
We love your posts full of humor and eyecandy. be it cq or garden and I miss the sheep too!

M. Hair said...

Congratulations on 1500 postings. It takes a special person to share so much of yourself. Thank you. Looking forward to following you into the future.I still miss the stories of your sheep.

allie aller said...

Utterly delightful, always, Ger'!

Beth French said...

Oh, I was holding my breath through that whole post, wondering if this was a pretext to saying it was your last. Hallelujah it is not! Keep on stitchin' and postin', ever an inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful walk down memory lane with you Gerry. Thank you for your inspirational blog and for your constructive comments on my crazy quilting over the years. You are a very special lady - I wish I lived closer to meet you in person but in the meantime, I feel as if I know you through your blogs and through your stitching. Congratulations on 1500 posts. Viv

mary said...

wonderful as usual!! your life and experiences entertain us and keep us laughing - keep on posting we need the positive thoughts that you send out!! Mary in Texas

Thearica said...

Congratulations on 1500! May you blog that many more and then some! You are truly an inspiration for us all!

FredaB said...

Gerry you are a wonder. Over the years I have read your blog and so enjoyed all the other parts of your life as well as your wonderful stitching.

AND how could I forget Morris. He has been in my heart from the beginning.

Stay well and enjoy the next 1500.

Hugs
FredaB

Ati said...

It always has been a joy to read your blog. I wished many times that I could visit you and see all those wonders with my OWN eyes. You have been an inspiration for me for many years! Thanks Gerry :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations dear Gerry! Though I'm neither a "stitcher" nor a "quilter", I always love to read your blog, and this one refreshed my memory of many moments shared together. Can't wait to read about all the moments yet to come!

Annette said...

Congratulations on the 1500 posts my dear and all are awesome. oxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts