1/17/2015

Aids for making ribbon trims.....

The most useful items are the little alligator clips.  Don't get the ones with "teeth", get the one with tiny smooth "lips".... I got them at Radio Shack.. they were inexpensive and 10 in a package.   Ten will be plenty.  They made the folding so much neater.




Then Susie made plastic templates for the various sizes of the ribbons and they were useful for pleats and braiding the ribbons.













A small ruler of this type would be helpful also. 









On the last day we went to a small swap meet near Susie  and a jewelry booth had tools 2 for $5.  I bought this tiny wire clipper and a pair of Tim Holtz serrated scissors.  Everyone in Houston was raving about the serrated scissors but they were a ways down my list.  But for $2.50 I can cross them off my list.




O
 



3 comments:

Createology said...

Good news for me...I have everything except the smooth jawed clips however I do have a radio shack nearby. Thank you for sharing these tips.

Marilyn said...

Radio Shack became The Source up here years ago. I might have to go to the city to find one but there may be one closer. It isn't something that is on my radar. But I do have some wonder clips, lots of template plastic and finally a use for my hem marking ruler :). And I'm afraid my wire clippers need to be replaced but they can still cut small wires.

gocrazywithme said...

Thanks for all the tips! Your timing is terrific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts