1/03/2015

First ribbon seam!

I've started my first ribbon seam..  I had to choose a treatment based on   my ribbon supply.  I started going through my ribbons... and quickly realized I needed more ribbon... Ribbon to do this on CQ can't be   bigger than an inch and for folding not much smaller then 1/2"  Of course all the ribbons I have are: not long enough, wrong color, wrong weight.  So of course if that is the problem, one MUST shop for more ribbon.. And while I'm shopping for ribbon I'll be looking for teeny tiny buttons and some small clips like quilters use for applique edges.  I need at least a third hand to do this...BUT I really like it and it is going to be fun....

For me the first step is ALWAYS, ALWAYS the laces...It's near impossible to go in later and lay lace. At this point I am using just paper copies of the silkies because I like to play around with placement... They will go on after the lace is all secured. 
There will be a minimum of fancy seams on these blocks... After doing 6 months of nothing but seams on the vest I wanted a change. These blocks will be just "dripping" with laces, buttons, beads and ribbons...layers and layers. I am "lacing up" two blocks to do in January as I know I have time in January to do an extra block and about Sept I will fall behind.... experience....




And as you can see the fawn is doing well... We have snow and near 0 temps so we bought a bale of alfalfa to supplement his diet and keep him close and safe.  After his fall diet of apples and sunflower seeds, he is well-padded and growing rapidly...

5 comments:

Marci said...

In Candace Kling's classes, she recommends small alligator clips - you can get them at Radio Shack.
I've been using them for other things since class.

Susie Wolfe said...

1" - 1/2" .... I'm checking my stash .... can hardly wait -- getting excited!
Susie

Marilyn said...

I couldn't wait for the interlibrary loan to come in so I got the book. It got here just before new years. I had to buy some ribbon at Michael's the other day. So expensive up here but I suppose by the time I pay US exchange and shipping its only moderately more expensive to buy it there.

Createology said...

I love seeing your techniques. More ribbon...how glorious and I love "dripping" with lace. You are very smart to double stitch now to stay in sync for later in the year. Creative CQ Bliss...

margaret said...

I am so going to enjoy following your crazy journey. How good the fawn is doing well, lets hope he keeps away from the neighbour with the gun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts